10” PRO Pipe Handling Tool
The 10” PRO Pipe Handling Tool is designed to enable the operator to achieve
push/pull capabilities for a wide range of suspended drill pipe (BHA) and large diameter pipes such as casing joints and hoses up to 10”. This is the only product on the market that has been developed for the handling of these high risk activities involving large diameter tubing.
A multi-functional tool, it is a vital component in the implementation of a Hands Free working environment on both the rig floor and catwalk areas. Also suitable for handling a variety of drilling and fishing tools, it creates a safe distance and buffer area in the complex and hazardous operation of pipe movement.
Custom made lengths available on request.
Manufactured from medium density polyethylene and 30mm marine grade aluminium makes the PRO Pipe Handling Tool lightweight and extremely durable.
Suitable for use in harsh environments.
|Product Name||Product Code||Hand Grip Style||Lengths|
|10” PRO Pipe Handling Tool||PPHT18018||Enclosed||1500mm|
- With unique tool design incorporating single opening 10½ “, allowing for ease of of engagement with pipe.
- Designed with two internal hook features, one forward facing and one rear facing, allows for easy push/pull capabilities to facilitate the stabilization of a suspended pipe up to 10”.
- Extra handle feature provides precision control and extra leverage in confined spaces.
- Tag line retrieval capabilities.
- Available in two different standard lengths; 1300mm, 1500mm.
- Attachments in hi-visibility colour.
- Heavy duty aluminium staff.
- Available with enclosed hand grip or open hand grip models.
- Fitted with fully replaceable non-slip, low compression rubber grommets.
- Fitted with hand protector as standard.
- Fitted with durable Foam/rubber hand grip.
For use in the movement of suspended larger pipe, drill tools, bulk hoses and BOP service lines, the 10” PRO Pipe Handling Tool perfectly complements the existing use of taglines by providing exceptional control of the load and flexibility to the handler in the movement and landing of large diameter pipe.
- Always wear correct personnel protective equipment when using hands free tools.
- Two internal hook attachments that can accommodate up to 10” pipework and hoses. Insert suspended piping through tool opening.
- Only engage when the drill pipe and hoses are positioned at waist level.
- Always be aware of swinging load, use tag lines to stabilise from a safe distance before engaging tool.
- Never stand under a suspended load. Tool incorporates tag line retrieval function.
- Seat piping into correct hook assembly for required ‘Push’ or ‘Pull’ function. Once positioned correctly, use both hands on tool to provide the handler with maximum control.
- Engage attachment face on, for maximum connection.
- Always have clear communication with banksman or operator of mechanical lifting devices. ie cranes, fork lifts and air operated tuggers
- Two personnel required when handling larger piping casing joints. Best used in conjunction with safety tag line to achieve accurate positioning of suspended loads
- Once desired position has been achieved and tension from lift wire is removed it is now safe to remove tool from pipework.
Please Note: This tool not designed to be used for leveraging activities.
00 353 61513115
Offshore Handling Systems Ltd
D3 Smithstown Business Park